User Details

Username: OspreyInstruments
Facebook: None provided
Twitter: None provided
Account Status: enabled
Member since: Aug 12 2022
About OspreyInstruments: Hi!

I'm a recent graduate of Electrical Engineering and a long time musician/audio engineer/producer. I have recently started to dabble in hardware design (synthesizers and effects) as well as DSP. I hope someone finds some value in what I've made so far :)
(report this profile)

Devices by OspreyInstruments

PM Synth Version 1.0
Panner Version 2.0
VOC-201 Version 1.0
ADT-2 Version 1.0
Scanner Vibrato Version 1.0
Scanner Vibrato Mono Version 1.0
Spring Reverb Version 1.0
Rotary Speaker Version 1.0
ADT-1 Version 1.0
FocusEQ Version 1.0
JChorus Version 1.0
Mono Bass Version 1.0
LA2A Version 1.0
Kick Machine Version 1.0
Partials Version 1.0

Total Downloads: 2,059

Comments by OspreyInstruments


Panner was updated to include a Phase mode, just like the original. This is a phase rotation with a center frequency of 114.5Hz, and depending on the pan, the left/right channel will sweep a frequency range of 55-177Hz (phase, not magnitude), as measured by PluginDoctor on the original. The Q also changes slightly, but unlike the original, the Phase level knob controls the mix with the dry signal as well as the amount of phase divergence, so that at a Phase level of 0, there is not a static phase shift at 114.5Hz.

Unfortunately, to keep the math simple, I used linear scaling, but given the quite limited frequency range, this shouldn't affect the parameter scaling too much, and is still perfectly functional.

Thanks for checking it out Calagan! I'm sorry you were having trouble getting them to work on M1. I had my friend beta test them on his machine and I might have a work around. I made a Pack with the organ sample library as well, and that worked for him. I can't upload .alp files here though, so if you are interested, I shared it on Pianobook ( and my personal website too ( at the bottom of the page).

If its those 2 effects, its a problem with the convolution. Its either not including the external library or the IRs. I was having trouble exporting it correctly, maybe because I don't have the full Max MSP license. I think the pack / .alp should work though!